My FIRST Exclusive Blogger Event♥

I was invited to my first Exclusive Blogger Event, it was at my local Whole Foods Market! It was an evening full of food, fun, and an exclusive showcase of their Thanksgiving offerings. I really enjoyed myself. At first it was a little awkward, since it was my first blogger event. I had absolutely no idea what to do or who to talk too! Thankfully my sister came along and we tasted tons of new foods and met fellow bloggers! I guess it's time I work on my communication skills..

The first thing we tried was a Winter Vegetable Salad, it was DELICIOUS, spicy but not too spicy!!!

And of course we can't forget about our appetizer Thanksgiving Nachos 

What's "dinner" without pie and ice cream?! :P
Everything was very organized, so much fun and really delicious. I can't wait for December to do it again!! I'll leave you with the recipe for a Winter Vegetable Salad because I will definitely be making this for Thanksgiving!!! Enjoy, Disfrútate, Jouir De, Godere.

Winter Vegetable Salad:
Salad Ingredients:
4 Cups chopped root vegtables - parsnips, rutabagas, turnips, bets, butternut squash, fingerling potatoes
8 Cups mixed greens - kale, chard, arugula
1/2 Cup toasted almonds
1/2 Cup fresh goat cheese
Root Vegetable Marinade:
1/3 Cup olive oil
1/3 Cup maple syrup
3 Tsp gluten free tamari
Fresh ginger juice to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Roast vegetables mixed with marinade at 375 degrees till soft. About 20 to 25 minutes.
Spiced Vinaigrette
2 Tsp fresh giner
2 Medium garlic cloves, chopped
1/3 Cup olive oil
1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
1 Cup pear juice
2 Tsp maple syrup
1 1/2 Tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Wisk all ingredients together till dressing is infused. 

12 comments

  1. makin me kinda hungry...... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made myself hungry and I really wish I had some pie.. It was so GOOD!

      Delete
  2. Yum! That sounds like an awesome dish with a combo of sweet and salty and tangy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was perfect and delicious!! I can't wait to make it

      Delete
  3. How fun! I've never been to an exclusive blogger event yet. Hopefully one day!! :) Who can refuse pie and ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blast, it was so much fun! I could really go for a slice of pie right now!!

      Delete
  4. Mmmmmm! Those Thanksgiving Nachos sound great! And ice cream to end the event??? YUM!
    Hope to meet you and your sister at a future meetup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious! I would love to meet you, will you be attending December's meetup?

      Delete
  5. Sounds lovely and your pictures made my hungry... time to cook some dinner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was!!! I can't wait for December to attend another one!! :)

      Delete
  6. Alyssa, what city do you operate your blog out of? HamletHub is looking for editors in the Fairfield County region in Connecticut. Wondering if you would be interested.

    Jennifer Flagg - jenniferf@hamlethub.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I am in Hartford County but I am really interested, emailing you now.

      Delete

I ♥ reading comments! Thank you for leaving one.

Designed by Adorkablii. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top